Monday, July 22, 2013

Introducing Ash

cassia_006

I think Ash was a bit miffed the last time since I did not give him a proper introduction. So today's entry will be dedicated to Ash!

cassia_007

As I mentioned in the last entry, Ash was adopted from the Erie County SPCA. While I know a lot of people like adopting kittens, older cats make great pets to. Sometimes they have been through a lot more, and as a result, are more appreciative of having a new loving family. Ash is no exception. We adopted him when he was five years old, and he immediately fell into a routine in our house. He has almost dog-like behaviors. He will follow me around the house, come running when I call his name and even sometimes fetch balls I throw. Plus I love he adorable patch of white.

cassia_008

Of course, since Ash is a kitty, he also likes to sleep a lot. We made this pillow for him, and he will lay his head down on it when he sleeps like a human does!

cassia_009

We also trained him to put his paws up on our legs when he wants us to pick him up or hold him. He really is a smart cat!

cassia_010

Ash is also very much a "lap kitty". He loves to join me on the couch or chair when I sit down to watch TV or read a book, and lay down on me or nearby me. He will also always sleep with me at night. This is especially great during the winter when it can get really cold out.

cassia_011

Have you or do you own a pet?

No comments:

Post a Comment